Note: EXIOBASE3 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The below text refers to the licence for EXIOBASE 1 and 2.
This EULA represents a contract between the EXIOBASE consortium, legally represented by Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO and you as an individual or legal person as end user.
Please read this EULA carefully before using any version of EXIOBASE products.
If you do not accept this EULA, you are NOT ALLOWED to use the EXIOBASE product.
The following defined terms and expressions shall have the same meaning in singular as well as in plural:
EULA means this End User Licence Agreement of any version of the EXIOBASE product.
EXIOBASE Consortium means the interdisciplinary consortium of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research TNO, Sustainable Europe Research Institute (SERI), the Institute of Environmental Sciences of Universiteit Leiden (CML), 2.-0 LCA Consultants and Vienna University of Economics and Business / Institute for Ecological Economics. The EXIOBASE Consortium is hereinafter referred to as Licensor.
EXIOBASE product means global, detailed Multi-regional Environmentally Extended Supply and Use / Input Output (MR EE SUT/IOT) files. The EXIOBASE product covers any version of a product that the end user has access to, either as sample files or as files for purchase.
End user represents an individual or legal person using the EXIOBASE product as a single user on an individual computer.
End user is hereinafter referred to as Licensee.
Licensor and Licensee are hereinafter referred to individually as Party and collectively as Parties.
3 Scope of this EULA and subject matter
- The EXIOBASE product is solely owned by Licensor and/or any other Licencor’s data supplier. They are only licensed, not sold.
- The EXIOBASE product is protected by national and international copyright laws and treaties. Licensor reserves all intellectual property rights, including copyrights and trademark rights.
- This EULA shall apply to all contractual relationships in which a Licensee acquires a licence for the use of the EXIOBASE product directly from Licensor.
- The EXIOBASE product is licensed with a fee for commercial use.
4 License fees
- The Licensee obtains access to the download section of the EXIOBASE website with a login and password. EXIOBASE1 year 2000 and EXIOBASE2 year 2007 Files can be downloaded free of charge.
- The payment for the transfer and use of EXIOBASE products and licence type is subject to the price list valid at the time of the order or subject to a written agreement between Licensee and Licensor.
- Login and passwords may be changed by Licensor at any time and the new login and password are communicated to Licensee.
5 Validity of Licence
- The granted licence is only valid for the EXIOBASE product as it is downloaded.
- Licensee obtains access to any published updates for the licensed version of the EXIOBASE product.
6 Rights of Licensee
- Licensor reserves all rights in and to the EXIOBASE product at all times. Licensee is granted a right to use the EXIOBASE product as set forth in this EULA, with any additional rights if explicitly granted in a written document.
- End user is granted a non-exclusive licence that may be assigned to use the licensed version of the EXIOBASE product on a single computer only as set forth in this EULA.
- End user is entitled to use the EXIOBASE product for an unlimited number of commercial or educational projects and reports. Data shall be quoted herein by attributing as source the corresponding EXIOBASE product.
7 Restrictions of use
- The Licence is, without the prior written consent of Licensor, limited to only:
- one (1) Personal Computer System;
- the organisation of End User;
- the End User’s own employees.
- Without a prior written consent of Licensor, Licensee is not entitled to use the EXIOBASE product for preparing extracts, or for any further commercial purposes.
- Licensee is not entitled to reproduce, disseminate or publicly display any portions of the EXIOBASE product.
- Licensee is not entitled to sell, rent, lease, loan, distribute, export, import, act as an intermediary or provider, or grant any kind of licence rights to third parties with regard to the EXIOBASE product or any portions thereof.
- Licensee is not entitled to undertake, cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or hacking of the EXIOBASE product or any part thereof except to the extent permitted by law.
- Licensee is not entitled to assign the EXIOBASE product as a whole or any portions thereof to any third party.
8 Other rights of Licensor
- Licensor reserves all rights regarding the use and exploitation of the EXIOBASE product, e.g. the right to add additional features or functions, or to provide data fixes and updates, to the EXIOBASE product.
- Licensor has no obligation to make available to Licensee any subsequent versions of the EXIOBASE product.
9 Validity and material defects of EXIOBASE product
It is the responsibility of Licensee to verify and to assess the validity and integrity of the EXIOBASE product prior to its use and to decide whether or not it fits for the intended use.
- Licensor shall not be liable for any material defects/damages, including consequential damages, loss of income, business or profit, special, indirect or incidental damages due to the use of the EXIOBASE product.
- Licensor's liability for material defects is restricted to those taking place during the transfer of the EXIOBASE product from the original source to Licensee.
- Licensee indemnifies Licensor against any claim of third parties due to the use of the EXIOBASE product.
- Licensee must assume the entire risk of using the EXIOBASE product.
11 Guarantees / Warranties
- The EXIOBASE product is distributed on an “AS IS” basis, without warranty. Licensor disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and of fitness for any purpose of the EXIOBASE product.
- Licensor guarantees the operability of the currently available version of the EXIOBASE product.
- Licensor has made all efforts possible to avoid EXIOBASE product being subject to the rights of third parties, in particular that its use does not infringe patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of third parties. However, Licensor does not guarantee that the EXIOBASE product are not subject to the rights of third parties. Licensee shall notify Licensor immediately and in writing if any third party should assert an infringement claim against Licensee in connection with the EXIOBASE product.
- Licensor does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, correctness, non-infringement of third party rights or fitness for a particular purpose of information available from the currently available version of the EXIOBASE product.
- Licensor does not guarantee that the technical details of the EXIOBASE product are suitable for a specific purpose beyond the specifications in the data quality guideline.
- In case of programming errors (e.g. technical corruption) limiting the usability of the currently available version of the EXIOBASE product, the warranty period shall be one year after purchase of a licence.
- There is no helpdesk support. Comments and suggestions for improvement are appreciated.
12 Severability Clause
- If a provision of this Agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction or any other provision of this Agreement shall not be affected. The concerned provision is superseded in accordance with the legal laws.
- Instead of an invalid provision, a valid provision shall be deemed to be agreed which comes economically closest to what the parties intended; the same applies in the case of an omission.
13 Changes of this Agreement
- In case of modifications and changes of any national or international legal framework having compulsory effect on this EULA as well as on the provision of any contractual duties, rights and services formerly negotiated between Licensor and Licensee, Licensor shall be allowed to change this EULA without explicit consent of Licensee.
- Licensor reserves the right to terminate this EULA at any time without consent of Licensee. Termination shall automatically become effective one month after notification to Licensee has taken place.
- Licensor may terminate this EULA with immediate effect if Licensee fails to comply with any term or condition of this EULA. In such event, Licensee must destroy all copies of the provided EXIOBASE product.
- The use of the EXIOBASE product will be automatically terminated in case of Licensee denies renewal of consent to this EULA.
15 Applicable Law and Court of Jurisdiction
- This Agreement shall be governed, subjected to, and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium. All disputes arising from and/or in connection with present Agreement, and/or from any further agreements resulting there from, and which the Parties are unable to resolve between themselves, shall exclusively be brought before the competent Court in Brussels, Belgium
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND THE RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING OR USING THE EXIOBASE DATA, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND GRANT TO LICENSOR THE RIGHTS SET FORTH HEREIN.